Oldie Goldies  

Posted by Ben in ,

I have been doing sunday school with the old folk for about two months now. I absolutely love it. I have decided that is certainly a theme which i believe would be a part of a communal or organic church. I think that part of our work would be visiting the shut-ins and the folks in nursing homes who do not get visitors. I think giving them a community to be a part of is an important part of the gospel.

Today i finally got a lot of my kids/teenagers to come with me. You should have seen the excitement on Patsy and MarryLou's faces! There was a new woman there today and for the life of me i cannot remember her name. Anyways she had the most beautiful voice. She did not talk to me other than that, no matter how hard i tried. I did a hard thing, i let a couple of our boys take Patsy to her room to get a "sodey" without me. Nathaniel smiled so large when he arrived back in the main room with Patsy. I think he is beginning to see the "small things."

As we were leaving I told marrylou we would be back next week and "we love you all."

She responded and said "oh we love you too!" I am sure she didn't just mean me, but meant all of our group of teens. But what an amazing honor. I love you are three very special words and they meant the world to me today.

This entry was posted on Sunday, July 20, 2008 at 9:36 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Maybe you can start a SS class or something like it at a home up in Bourbonnais this fall. Maybe bring a few college students with you. I think it would be really cool.

July 21, 2008 at 2:39 PM

Nursing home that is.

July 21, 2008 at 2:40 PM

Post a Comment