Cool Interview  

Posted by Ben in , , , ,

There is this guy named Ken Silva. He runs a smear website which he tries to use to show how every "emergent" and every other Christian he disagrees with is a "Heretic." The only problem is that Ken's website does a much better job of showing his lack of understanding of Emergents and of Scripture, God, and Christianity.

He posted a couple videos, an interview, on Youtube. I am not sure what his purpose was, though I am sure he did not accomplish it in this video, since it did not cast Tony Jones in ANY negative light. In fact what it showed, I am extremely grateful to see. It showed a VERY conservative, reformed minister and a VERY liberal "Emergent" (i only use that term because he is in fact the Director of Emergent Village) sitting down and having a very civil conversation about the Gospel. There were many points of disagreement, but also many points of agreement or at least understanding. A lot of laughs were shared and altogether it showed both men treating the other as and calling the other a "brother in Christ." This is AWESOME. Check out the videos... tell me what you think.

John Chisham (Left) = Conservative, Reformed Minister
Tony Jones (Right)= Liberal, Emergent





This entry was posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 12:33 AM and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

Hey Ben, I feel the love man. Thanks for showing me a better way. Yeah, "A lot of laughs were shared and altogether..." just like Jesus Himself in Matthew 23, right...

August 21, 2008 at 9:02 AM

This is awesome. I'm still working on my comment to the prayer post and I came on here and there were two more posts, I can't keep up....but I do enjoy reading your thoughts...keep putting them out there.

August 21, 2008 at 4:27 PM

Hey Ken,

Drop by my blog again soon. I'll post a response. For now, suffice it to say that you are correct, i didn't show you another way here. For that, I apologize.

August 24, 2008 at 12:34 AM

Post a Comment