Our Missional God  

Posted by Ben in , ,

You have probably seen me reference either Scot's book or blog, both titled The Jesus Creed. That is because I believe Scot is an amazing Christian, Author, and Scholar. I don't know him personally, though I live close enough I should try to make a trip and meet him at some point. He runs a fantastic blog over at Jesus Creed and I am going to send you all over there for another great discussion, but most importantly a specific post. Scot is walking through Chris Wright's The Mission of God currently. The most recent blog covered a chapter on the Exodus and how Wright views it's importance in the overall redemptive story of God.

GO CHECK IT OUT!

It is a great story of what Redemption and Salvation mean to God and mean for us. If you're not a Christian and you are reading my blog, GO CHECK IT OUT! Maybe you'll be somewhat more interested in the story of Christianity than you were before. God is not a God of rules and human-like wrath. He is a God of Holy Wrath which seeks to redeem rather than punish. This is just a great chapter on how important the Exodus is and what all God's mission in His creation, our world, is all about.

Our Missional God 11

This entry was posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 12:46 AM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment